The Campaigns & Communications Manager (CCM) would suit a highly motivated person with a strong history in managing large-scale campaigns in a political environment, and who possesses highly developed strategic and communications skills. As part of a small team the CCM will be responsible for the overall management of the Senator's re-election campaign along with management of strategic communications and campaign priorities of the Senator's various portfolios. The CCM will work closely with the Senator's Chief of Staff and Media Advisor to ensure day-to-day communications are strategic and effective. The CCM will also work with the Senator's Electorate Liaison officer on campaign priorities and election preparations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for coordinating the Senator's re-election campaign.
- Develop and manage the Senator's communication strategy.
- Work with Media Advisor to ensure all communications are clear, effective and strategic.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop and support key campaigns on key portfolio priorities.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency and co-ordination of the Senator's strategic direction, communications and campaign priorities.
- Identify campaigning opportunities that support parliamentary work and parliamentary opportunities that will support ongoing campaigns.
- Help manage and coordinate Senator's media appearances and requests as required.
- Manage the production of communication materials produced and authorised by the Senator's office.
- Represent the Senator on internal election campaign committees and working groups.
- Represent the Senator at official events, party functions, community meetings and public engagements if required.
A salary within the range $60,827 -69,216pa will be determined commensurate with relevant skills and experience. In addition, an allowance in the range $14,319-$17,898 is payable in lieu of overtime.
Applications addressing the selection criteria and the names of two referees should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 August 2012.